Monday, August 30, 2010

Pink Linen Pillow Cover

This is my second work on a pillow cover. I bought linen material from a shop in Ruwi and stitched two pillow covers to do embroidery. Only the first one I completed. It was a long process. I got the design from net. It was consisting only a horizontal border. I made it as a corner design by arranging it horizontally and vertically by joining the two stems at a point. Simple!

And here is the completed work.

























For stems, I used stem stitch. Leaves done in fishbone stitch and the buds with network outlined with outline stitch.  Network I learned from LAKSHMI's sadalas.blogspot.com.

http://sadalas.blogspot.com/2010/03/network-embroidery-vedeo-tutorial.html
                                                   &
http://sadalas.blogspot.com/search/label/Net%20work

4 comments:

Your comments are always my motivation....