Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Kutch Work Tutorials

I am planning to upload some Kutchwork tutorials in my blog. There are many tutorials available in the internet. I tried some of them. I succeeded in doing the the basic diamond, 3 diamond and 5 diamond motifs. But when it reached The Double Maltese Cross , I was in trouble. After a gap of  few days, I will start again 'Learning Kutchwork'. Most of the time, I have to go through all the saved notes in my computer and try again and again to complete the three & five diamond motifs. I was fed up with this type of learning. May be, I was a bad student. I thought I could never learn the technique and remember it forever.

I have a friend - Maya who knows the Kutchwork well. She learned it from her neighbour Madhavi who is an expert in hand embroidery. With the help of her, I managed to learn the technique of kutchwork. And I am going to share all those simple simple techniques of Kutchwork with you. After you  master  basic diamond and  3 diamond &  5 diamond motifs, I think you won't need any further help to do more complex designs. Anyway, hope you will enjoy those lessons.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always my motivation....

Christmas Bell Doily

Christmas Bell Doily "I am in Kerala enjoying Christmas holidays. Kids are happy following Uncle Santa for the church carol. Visit...